I know lots of people are waiting with bated breath on how Namine is doing, and I can’t type any faster.

Jessica and I were going to see how Namine did today, and perhaps take her in this evening if we felt she wasn’t doing much or any better. Well, that was this morning. But by 9:45, Namine had already thrown up twice. Couple that with the fact that she’s thrown up 2 or 3 times yesterday, plus once around 3 or 4 in the morning (and that was just Pedialyte!), we decided she needed to be seen right away. So we took her into the ER.

After 2 X-rays and a trach asperate, Namine was seen by her pulmonary doctor. By this time, she was cranked up from being on 30% oxygen to 50%. Her heart rate was running around 150 and her O2 stats were hovering on anywhere from 83 to 87, so they decided to admit her.

Of course, said admission process took several hours. I let my boss know around 2 (I think), and we didn’t actually get situated in the room until sometime around 5. Go figure.

Namine is doing fine, overall. She’s still coughing quite a bit, and hacking some stuff up when she does so on occasion, but she’s still a generally happy baby. We don’t know exactly what’s wrong – a bug of some kind, although whether viral or bacterial still remains a mystery. We did bring the vent with us, just in case, but so far Namine hasn’t had need of it. Thank God for that!

So I’m now at home, and Jessica is spending the night tonight in Namine’s room. Tomorrow we’ll trade. The doctors tell us they expect to have Namine in the hospital for at least a couple days.

Now I’m going to go eat some dinner.