So I’m back from visiting Namine. I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that she’s doing really well. Her numbers all look really good. Her breast milk is still being fortified with soy-based formula, and she’s been off the lipids since around noon yesterday. She’s also doing most of the breathing herself. She no longer has a fever from the infection in her trachea, and they’ll be re-culturing her throat and breathing tube tomorrow. The prescription for her antibiotic medication, Tobermycin, is up as of tonight. Of course, if the culture comes back positive again, she’ll be prescribed to it again.

On the other hand, doctors are also worried that the left side of her diaphragm may be paralyzed; apparently, this is a risk to all heart surgery patients. So tomorrow, she’ll have a scan which will tell the doctors whether or not it is paralyzed. If it is, she’ll be scheduled for a tracheostomy as soon as possible. If not, then she’ll remain intubated until they decide on a good time to extubate her and see if she can breathe on her own.

Husband. Daddy. Programmer. Artist. I'm not an expert, I just play one in real life.